WV eMentoring is getting ready for another great year of mentoring! We’ve been working this summer to make exciting improvements to the program that will enhance the overall mentoring experience for students and mentors. We will be sharing these changes with you soon!
How have our mentors’ participation in WV eMentoring made a difference for our students? Here’s some quick facts from the 2013-2014 school year:
- More than 760 students in grades 8-12 were served across West Virginia
- 92 percent of participating students stated they valued their time with WV eMentor
- 92 percent of participating students stated they had a plan following their high school graduation
- 93 percent of participating students stated they valued their WV eMentoring experience
- More than 200 students earned the opportunity to visit their local community and technical college or university to further explore their postsecondary options. For more than 95% of students who participated in these field trips, this was their first experience stepping foot on a college campus.
Now is a great time to become a WV eMentor! Please consider signing up today and help us reach more students across West Virginia!